Background on Zheng Gu Shui
Zheng Gu Shui is a 500-year-old topical Chinese herbal analgesic liniment that is also known as “rectify bone liquid” or “royal bone water”. The formulation of Zheng Gu Shui that we use at HAVEN Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine is called Evil Bone Water. Evil Bone Water is a hand-crafted version of Zheng Gu Shui that is made by master herbalist Saint Apothecary in the USA using only ethically sourced, imperial grade ingredients. The term “evil bone” refers to any bone pathology like arthritis, sprains, and broken bones.
Evil Bone Water penetrates down to the bone level. From a Chinese medicine perspective, it disperses blood, fluid, and energy blockages to facilitate healing. It increases circulation, decreases inflammation, eases pain, strengthens connective tissues, speeds bone regrowth, and shortens injury recovery time.
How can it help you? Here’s a list of common uses:
- Anything that is painful or sore and needs to heal
- Incidental Injuries (particularly sports injuries)
- Broken bones
- Joint pain
- Spinal pain
- Muscle & Ligament Pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Cuts & Insect Bites
From Saint Apothecary: “The power of Evil Bone Water is that is actually helps the problem instead of just patching up the symptoms.”
Here are the Materials/Ingredients in Evil Bone Water:
- Zhang Nao (Camphor) – Helps local circulation.
- Bo He Nao (Menthol) – Aromatic and cooling, clears heat.
- San/Tian Qi (Notoginseng,Pseudoginseng) – Helps with bleeding & blood stasis, bruising & swelling, inflammation and pain.
- Ji Gu Xiang (Japanese Knot Weed) – Bruising and sprains inflammation.
- Gui Pi (Cinnamon Bark) – Relaxes muscles, promotes circulation and warms.
- E Zhu (Zedoary Rhizome, Rhizoma Curcumae) – Promotes the circulation of qi and blood while helping break down accumulations in the body.
- Bai Zhu (Atractylodis Macrocephalae Rhizoma) – Anti-inflammatory properties, helps relieve pain, muscle spasms and cramps.
- Hu Zhang (Knotweed Rhizome) – Invigorates the blood, helps dispel stasis, helps open channels.
- Bai Niu Dan (Inula Cappa DC) – Helps dispel wind, lessening dampness.
- Qian Jin Ba (Philippine Flemingia Root) – Strengthens the tendons and bones, astringes the lung and relieves sore throat.
Makers note from Saint Apothecary:
Evil Bone Water has no animal products. Furthermore, non-GMO, gluten free, cruelty free, pesticide free, contaminant free. The camphor and menthol in Evil Bone Water are not synthetic. We also only use potable grain alcohol not synthetic ethanol.
Every herb is microscopically tested not only for proper variety and contaminants, but strength. We make sure they are all sustainable and ethically sourced. Everything that goes into that bottle comes from the finest ingredients on the planet that are currently available.
*Evil Bone Water is intended for external application only. Do not consume under any circumstances. Do not drink! *
Want to know more?
Want to know more about how Chinese topical liniments and the treatments available at HAVEN Acupuncture & Chinese medicine? We’d love to hear from you. Reach out and email through our website or call or text 910-622-4269.
About the Author
Ericca Burke is the owner of HAVEN Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine where she provides acupuncture and Chinese medicine treatments in Wilmington, NC. Click this link to read more about Ericca.
About HAVEN Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine in Wilmington, NC
HAVEN Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine is an acupuncture and Chinese medicine practice located in Wilmington, NC just minutes from beautiful Wrightsville Beach. Click this link for contact information and directions. Click this link for a listing and description of services offered.